FUE Hair Transplant: What to Expect, Cost, Procedure, and More
“The days of worrying about hair-related are gone. With our advanced FUE Hair Transplant Procedure, you will look as good as new again!” – Dr. Ritesh Anand.
The Follicular Unit Extraction or FUE, hair transplant procedure is a minimally-invasive technique of harvesting hair follicles. In essence, it is quite different from the conventional method, FUT, and, thus, does not cause any consequences at all. In India, the surgeons can implement the process without causing any linear scars as well. Moreover, the success rate of different hair transplant procedures in the country is about 98 percent. Hence, if you are thinking about taking care of your balding issue, then it will be an ideal choice for you.
Table of Contents
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eye:
- What is FUE Hair Transplant?
- How is FUE Transplant done?
- Benefits of FUE Hair Transplant
- What to expect after the FUE Hair Transplant?
- Are there any side effects of a FUE hair transplant?
- How Much Does FUE Hair Transplant Cost in Delhi NCR?
1. What is FUE Hair Transplant?
FUE is usually performed by extracting individual follicles from an individual’s skin and implementing them to other parts. In this procedure, the doctors will remove the follicular units individually. Thus, it does not cause any linear scar at all.
Conversely, in FUT, the surgeon would take out a strip of follicles from the donor section and employ it in the required part. Thus, it might need one or more incisions and may cause a visible scar as well.
In FUE, the doctor usually makes smaller incisions. Thus, the recovery period of FUE is considerably less than FUT.
2. How is FUE Transplant done?
The FUE transplant procedure is comparatively less-intricate. However, it can be quite lengthy, as the grafts, in this case, will need to be transplanted one-at-a-time. In general, the procedure requires around two to four hours.
The steps of the method have been provided down below.
- Step: 1 – Firstly, the doctor will shave both the transplant and the donor area of the patient.
- Step: 2 – Next, they will begin the removal procedure of the hair follicles from the skin through micro punch equipment.
- Step: 3 – Now, they will make some minute incisions with a small yet sharp tool (medical needle) in the transplant area.
- Step: 4 – The hair follicles, then, will be placed into smaller incisions.
- Step: 5 – Your surgeon will clean and sanitize the area and then bandage it with antibiotics.
3. Benefits of FUE Hair Transplant
The significant benefits of FUE hair transplant are –
- The surgery is minimally invasive. Therefore, the patient would not feel much pain at all.
- It does not cause any unaesthetic linear scarring as well.
- In this case, most doctors generally use local anesthesia. Thus, the risks related to it would be considered negligible.
- The graft for FUE hair transplant can be taken from anywhere, such as beard, abdomen, chest, etc.
- The hair growth would be somewhat constant after this procedure.
- There is no risk of losing sensitivity.
- The post-treatment care of FUE hair transplant is quite simplistic as well.
4. What to expect after the FUE Hair Transplant?
The timeline of the FUE hair transplant usually follows the below-mentioned structure –
- Day 1: The patient might feel minor soreness in the donor area, which is entirely negligible.
- Day 2 – 3: Scabbing will not be available anymore. But, moderate redness might be persistent.
- Day 4 – 6: Mild swelling might occur in the donor area. However, it will not be bothersome.
- Day 7 – 10: The redness will be absent and the grafts will take their place properly.
- Week 2 – 3: The transplant hair follicles will start shedding new hair.
- Month 1: The follicles will be in a resting phase. However, the patient will appear to be almost as he used to look before.
- Month 2 – 5: The hair will start growing prominently.
- Month 6 – 9: The patient will have longer hair, which can be combed as well.
- Month 10: The appearance will be a lot fuller.
5. Are there any side effects of FUE hair transplant?
The side effects of FUE hair transplant are –
- Moderate inflammation
- Numbness (goes away within a week)
- Mild itching
- Mild pain
- Noticeably thinner hair
At Dr. Ritesh Clinic, a person will get proper treatment with the maintenance of complete safety and security. The surgeon will take care of the side effects as well.
6. How Much Does FUE Hair Transplant Cost in Delhi NCR?
The average cost of FUE hair transplant in Delhi NCR revolves around INR 50 to INR 150 per graft. However, it can, sometimes, get affected by the following factors.
- As the cost of FUE is generally measured in grafts, the total expense will depend on the amount of hair that has been transplanted.
- The usage of advanced technologies for the procedure can increase the overall price as well.
- If you have opted for an experienced doctor, then he or she will charge more than usual as well.
FUE, in essence, is one of the safest hair transplantation procedures available today. However, still being careful and knowing about it to some extent, can make the patients more aware of its postoperative care.