What is Liposuction Surgery Cost in India?
Sometimes, the fat tissues and fat cells are difficult to get rid off. They adamantly adhere to certain regions of the body despite diet, exercise, and other weight loss methods. The excess fat accumulation in certain regions gives a plump or fat look to one’s appearance.
Liposuction, as the word goes, is a cosmetic surgical procedure where the fat pockets are suctioned out of localised fat-accumulated regions, including the
- Chin and neck.
At times, liposuction surgery can be carried out in combination with other cosmetic procedures, such as tummy tuck or breast reduction.
However, for those not aware of the liposuction surgery cost in India, this article delves into everything you need to know about liposuction surgery costs with a sneak into liposuction surgery, types, and procedure.
Table Of Content:
- What is Liposuction Surgery?
- Different techniques used in Liposuction Surgery?
- What is the procedure of Liposuction Surgery?
- Approximate cost of Liposuction Surgery in India
1. What is Liposuction Surgery?
In simple terms, liposuction surgery refers to the removal of localised fat deposits (LFDs) with the help of tiny incisions and different suction methodologies. The word lipo means “fat” and this cosmetic procedure can also be named,
- Suction lipectomy,
- Fat removal, body contouring surgery, or
While this procedure can be combined with other cosmetic procedures, liposuction surgery concentrates on small or specific fat-accumulated regions and is relatively safe.
2. Different techniques used in Liposuction Surgery?
According to ISAPS (International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Statistics 2020, liposuction surgery is one of the most popular and demanding cosmetic surgeries for fat removal in India.
Liposuction involves different techniques, from conventional fluid injections to modern lasers. Advanced cosmetic procedures and high energy-based technology, such as LASER and VASER, liposuction surgeries can help remove large fat deposits while increasing the horizon of body contouring procedures.
Here are some liposuction techniques that have widened the safety and smoothened the recovery.
Tumescent liposuction or fluid injection:
One of the most common types of liposuction involves injecting a medicated solution into the fat removal areas. The medication helps swell the fat in these regions and allows easy fat removal that can be suctioned out. However, this traditional liposuction type can take longer than the other advanced techniques.
Ultrasound-assisted liposuction (UAL):
This technique uses high frequency ultrasonic waves to liquefy the fat cells that can be suctioned or vacuumed. This technique can provide better results against dense, fibre-loaded areas, including the upper back and oversized male breasts.
Laser-assisted liposuction (LAL):
The latest laser energy-mediated liposuction helps to convert fat cells into liquid. The liquefied fat cells can be consecutively vacuumed out or drained through small tubes. The prime benefit of the LAL liposuction technique is that it targets small, confined areas, including the chin, jowls, and face.
The laser energy used here stimulates collagen production and promotes skin firmness, structural integrity, and elasticity post-liposuction.
3. What is the procedure of Liposuction Surgery?
Liposuction Surgery is a day procedure done under local or general anaesthesia. This procedure uses specialised cannulas and liposuctioning machines. Here is a breakdown of the events lined up in a liposuction surgery procedure.
- After local or general anaesthesia administration, the doctor will make small incisions in and around the targeted zones.
- The surgeon will use either of the liposuction surgery techniques to break down the stubborn fat cells.
- If using a tumescent fluid injection, the injection is administered through incisions into the skin under the targeted regions.
- The vacuum pump or a large syringe helps suction out the dislodged fat.
- Sometimes, several skin punctures may be required to treat larger areas from different directions for the best-desired contour.
- After vacuuming the fat, drain pipes are inserted to remove blood and fluid for a few days post-liposuction surgery.
- You will need to wear a compression garment after surgery, as instructed by the surgeon.
4. Approximate cost of Liposuction Surgery in India
Liposuction reshapes or contours the body regions by fat removal techniques, especially in areas where diet, exercise, and other weight loss methods have not helped reduce those extra fat masses.
The liposuction cost in India varies between cities, patient requirements, and clinics. However, the overall liposuction surgery cost depends on various cost-related factors, such as:
- Area of treatment, as cost of smaller targeted zones, cost less than the sizeable fat-piled target regions,
- Type of liposuction technique adopted,
- The experience and expertise of the cosmetic surgeon,
- The clinic’s facilities and infrastructure,
- Associated conditions in the patient (if any)
- Combination of liposuction with other cosmetic procedures
Here is an approximate price list of liposuction procedures in various cities across India.
Name of the City
Approximate Price Range
Rs. 65,000 to Rs. 3,90,000
Rs. 38,000 to Rs. 4,40,000
Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 4,30,000
Rs. 65,000 to Rs. 3,70,000
Rs. 11,000 to Rs. 4,40,000
Rs. 9,500 to Rs. 3,80,000
Rs. 8,000 to Rs. 3,90,000
Rs. 60,000 to Rs. 3,90,000
Rs. 70,000 to Rs. 5,00,000
Note: The above-mentioned costs are approximate figures and are subject to change.
Liposuction is carried out for different regions of the body, including the intricate areas of the face to a larger area of the abdomen and back. A liposuction procedure can be performed for one or more regions and can influence the cost.
Liposuction usually does not involve hospital stays unless larger volumes of fat need to be eliminated. Keeping all the cost-affecting factors in view, the average cost of liposuction can be anywhere between Rs. 50,000 to 3,30,000, depending on the volume of fat to be removed.
Is liposuction painful?
Liposuction involves anaesthesia administration. And so, you are not likely to experience pain during the procedure. However, you may observe slight discomfort and pain post-surgery. Your doctor may prescribe pain relievers for pain post-operation.
Is liposuction safe in India?
Liposuction is a safe procedure and rarely can cause complications or risks, such as
- Anaemia, and
The above side effects are manageable through proper care, medications, and precautions.
Can fat cells regrow after liposuction?
The outcomes of liposuction are generally permanent. Liposuction aims to remove excess fat cells that usually do not regrow, at least in the areas of liposuction.
Liposuction or fat removal procedures are not weight-loss alternatives, instead are procedures that expel unwanted, obstinate fat tissues from the body, targeting fat-accumulated regions.
Dr. Ritesh Anand, the best liposuction surgeon in gurgaon, conducts a detailed examination of the condition and carries out an effective treatment procedure depending on your underlying condition.
Dr. Anand and his dedicated staff focus on a patient-centric, result-oriented treatment approach without compromising quality and safety. With liposuction treatment by Dr. Ritesh Anand, you can gain your desired body shape or contour at the best price.